webworks vs transit

Subject: webworks vs transit
From: Joe Malone <joe -at- VNETTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:22:13 -0800

I started at this company in an all-Word environment, but have brought
the manuals around to Frame because for me Frame works better for books.
But while I'm doing the manuals in Frame, I've agreed to keep all
collaterals in Word, so others can work on them if necessary.

In the meantime, I've found both the Word and Frame Save To HTML options
too limiting for HTML conversion of manuals. I know WebWorks pretty well
and like it, and have the signed P.O. to buy it, but the questions
looms: What about Word conversion to HTML for the collaterals?

I've never tried Transit but I did read the comparison of it with
WebWorks in the FrameUsers.com page. I know WebWorks, but Transit
coverts both Word and Frame docs. I can't buy both Webworks and Transit.
So my choices are:

1. Use Webworks, which I like, with my Frame books, and use Word's Save
to HTML or a shareware conversion tool for the simpler collaterals. I'd
have to sell this to the bosses, as they'll be shocked to learn that
Webworks converts only Frame. I'd have to argue that I'm proficient in
WebWorks and assure others that conversion shareware is adequate for the
collerals. The key here is to find a cheap or free Word-to-HTML option.

2. I can abandon WebWorks and buy Transit to use for all conversions.

3. There are other conversion options I don't know about.

Any suggestions? Thanks.