What is a TW - Summary

Subject: What is a TW - Summary
From: David Manney <dmanney -at- BABSON-BROS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:12:15 -0600

TYVM to all who responded to my question of "What defines a TW."

To sum it up, a good should TM possesses curiosity, good intuitiveness,
carry basic tools (tape measure, screwdriver, etc) and should be a
professional idiot when dealing with SME's, which I'm sure most of you
already know.

I waited to respond because I had rounds 2 and 3 with my manager, and I
wanted to see the results before posting. Luckily, I didn't push the wrong
buttons and am still happily ,-) working for this company.

Unfortunately, my arguments fell on deaf ears. Until I show the ability to
intuitively know how to attach unrelated objects together to obtain the
usable product, I will be considered simply a dtp'er instead of a TW. I
know it's the opinion of my immediate manager, and no one else's in the
company, but since he's the one who okays the signing of my paycheck, I
willingly grin and bear it for now.

Regards,
Dave Manney
Technical Writer (or dtp'er)