Re: Teleworker Location

Subject: Re: Teleworker Location
From: COehrlein <COehrlein -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:38:53 EST

I guess I've been lucky. I telecommute from Oklahoma to a job in Austin, TX. I
actually show up at work (face to face) for a couple of days every 4 to 6
months. I participate in weekly team meetings via the telephonethey just put
me on a speaker phone. We've had meetings where as many as 4 people are
patched in to talk to the on-site folks. This works fine even for impromptu
discussions about some new feature.

It works for us because we (including management) want it to work. With
telephone, e-mail, dial-in access to the network, and faxes, there's rarely
anything that happens on-site that I can't participate in.

Jo Oehrlein