The Network of Independent Technical Communicators

Subject: The Network of Independent Technical Communicators
From: Andrew Plato <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:57:51 -0800

Hey folks, just an update on the Network of Independent Technical
Communicators.

The site is nearly complete. The on-line registration form is now working.
Jump on line, check out the criteria, and join!

Membership is FREE. As in you pay nothing, nada, zip-o, zero, the huge
goose egg.

Sometime in early February I will be sending out press releases and taking
out some advertising for the NITC web site. Hopefully, we can attract some
companies to start using the NITC database to search for contractors in
their area. If you're in the database, you might start getting calls from
all sorts of companies that need your services. Maybe you'll meet some
other contractors in your area and talk shop with them. You never know.

Remember, the NITC is an on-line directory of contractors, consultants, and
any other technical communications professionals. Even if you're a full
time employee you can join! Use the database to find other in your area and
network with them. If you have a hot lead for a job in New York-- use the
NITC database to send the New York members the lead (assuming you are not
pursuing it yourself).

Sometime in March or April I will expand the search and reporting
capabilities to allow people to post expanded information (such as short
blurbs about your work experience). The data queries are a little crude
now, but I hope to refine them a little over the next few weeks.

Anyone interested in helping with the NITC web site -- send me an email. I
am looking for anyone with advanced HTML, CGI, and FrontPage experience to
help with some of the more intricate web stuff. Naturally there's no money
in it. But just think of how good your employment karma will be if you help
with this web site (well, that seems more dignified than begging, doesn't
it?)

Data updates are happening every night. If you don't see yourself on the
site, wait a few days and check back.

Andrew Plato
Moderator
Network of Independent Technical Communicators.
www.anitian.com/network

Questions? Jump on the site and read the information page:
www.anitian.com/network/info.htm