Re: Data are vs Data is

Subject: Re: Data are vs Data is
From: Mary Nurminen <manurmin -at- TRE -dot- TELE -dot- NOKIA -dot- FI>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:44:46 +0200

Peter Brown wrote:

> Which, of course, would make the aforementioned Quebec a fascist state,
> non?

Having some fascist practices does not a fascist state make.

Anyway, it is exactly my point that he was Quebecois (did I spell that right?)
He grew up being fanatically in favor of pushing the use of French everywhere
and staunchly defended all laws and attempts made to force the issue. After
years of that he finally himself came to the conclusion that it was simply
fascistic.

mary