HTML index

Subject: HTML index
From: Ruth Simpson <ruths -at- MCCABE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:12:15 -0500

Hello,

We have a problem with HTML indexes. We use WebWorks Publisher to
convert our FrameMaker documentation, including our indexes, into HTML
for UNIX onine help, but we have to keep the page numbers in the

If each index entry pointed to only one page, then we could make the
index entry into a jump. But since most index entries point to more than
one page, we have to make the page numbers into jumps. It is my firm
belief that online help should not have page numbers.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Ruth Simpson
Technical Writer
McCabe & Associates