Re: History of Tech Writing

Subject: Re: History of Tech Writing
From: Stan Dicks <w4ag -at- M1 -dot- SPRYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:16:13 -0500

Deborah Turton wrote:

> Hey,
> I've searched the archives, our local library, the web and I
> can't seem
> to find a book about Tech writing history. Has anyone read one or
> written one they could recommend?

John Brockmann at the U. of Delaware and former Chair of SIGDOC has
written a history of technical writing, _From Millwrights to Shipwrights
to the Twenty-First Century : Explorations in a History of Technical
Communication in the United States_, published by Hampton Press. The
book should be out any day now. Amazon is taking orders but not
delivering yet.

Cheers,
Stan Dicks
Rhetoric and Technical Communication