Re: Printing PDFs

Subject: Re: Printing PDFs
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:48:12 -0700

Sonja adds:

> I'll bet you're trying to print on a non-postscript printer, right? =
> (Ignore the following if you're not.) I had the same problem using
> Word, =
> so this fix might work for you too. Convert your screen shots to .eps
> =
> files. You might need to try a few different sorts of .eps files
> before =
> you hit on the one that works best. From my vague memory I think I
> used =
> colour and display as icon (or similar wording).

Oh yeah...this reminds me. It seems the PCL 6 drivers have a real hard
time with PDF. If you're printing on a non-PS printer, try using a PCL 5
driver instead. I don't know why this is the case, but I've tried it
using a number of different printers and a number of PCL 5 and 6
drivers.

Bill Burns
Senior Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group