The Writer's Kit

Subject: The Writer's Kit
From: Dana Utz <utzdana -at- MAIL -dot- NETWAVE -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 21:02:10 -0600

Microsoft Office is an essential, but not necessarily Office 97 (IMHO).

In unsolicited calls from headhunters for freelance jobs, I have found the
software tools Framemaker and RoboHELP to be the ones most commonly
requested. A knowledge of HTML is also a big plus, but no one has mentioned
a specific web-authoring tool.

Personally, I have never had a project requiring me to use a true desktop
publishing tool such as PageMaker or Framemaker. But independent
contractors I have talked to seem to find a lot of call for desktop
publishing skills.

Dana Utz
utzdana -at- netwave -dot- net

www.netwave.net/members/utzdana/index.htm