task reference

Subject: task reference
From: Mary Nurminen <manurmin -at- TRE -dot- TELE -dot- NOKIA -dot- FI>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 13:36:06 +0200

I am boggled by the use of the term 'task reference'. I can't recall ever having
heard it used in 'the real world', but it is used around my work place a lot. I
can't figure out if:

a) it really is a commonly used term, I just never knew about it
b) someone started using it erroneously and everyone else caught on (I'm working
in a country where English is not the native language)

Anyone else out there use this term?

mary