Re: Not Wanted--Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Not Wanted--Technical Writers
From: Diane Williams <diane_williams -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:36:49 -0800

I saw that article and I thought that it kinda fit my situation. I'm a
physical education major! :-D
But I'm also working on my M.A. in English in Professional Writing and
Editing.

So I have the background in teaching, which is what tech writers do,
right? We're teaching our readers/audience how to work the software,
or understand the statistics and what they mean, or put the bicycle
together, or clean the air filter, etc. And because our readers can
have any level of education and experience with the task, we need to
write to all of them: keep it simple and clear without being
condescending.

==
~~Diane Williams
(202) 366-9931 @ DOT