Dummies books

Subject: Dummies books
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:23:33 EST

Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET> wrote:

> Check out:

> _Dummies 101: HTML_
> _HTML for Dummies Quick Reference_
> by Deborah S. Ray and Eric J. Ray

> Good thang someone knows who to give top billin' to eh?
> <giggle>

I can think of several possibilities for why Deborah's name came first:

1. D comes before E.

2. They flipped a coin.

3. The publisher wanted Deborah's name first.

4. Deborah actually contributed more to the book than Eric did and decided
herself that she should have top billing.

I don't know Deborah at all, and I know Eric only from the positive impression I
have of him from e-mail. I just think it's counterproductive to assume that he
"gave" her anything. It could just as easily be true that she "gave" him a
byline.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)