Metric Conversions in FrameMaker

Subject: Metric Conversions in FrameMaker
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:42:04 +0800

Howard, during the Frame 5.5 roadshow they demonstrated importing an
Excel spreadsheet. From this I assume it's either a new feature or has
been substantially improved in 5.5. It might be worth your installing
5.5 to see if it will do the job.

Sorry I can't be more specific -- it doesn't affect me so I didn't pay
much attention. Also, it was my first look at the infamous Office 97
writhing paperclip. Obviously the presenter hadn't seen it either --
he tried clicking on it to get rid of it but it didn't work. A wave
of discomfort swept across the room -- no-one could concentrate while
the damn thing was dancing in our faces -- kill it! KILL IT!

Finally he got the stake through its heart and we got back to business.

BTW the PDF and HTML export has been vastly improved so if you need to
publish in either format that would be another reason to run up 5.5.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield "Fun, fun, fun
Functional Software Pty Ltd In the sun, sun, sun. . ."
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au