List archives (was RoboHelp: jumps with same name)

From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:05:33 -0500

Susan Vineyard wrote (in part):
>I'm new to RoboHelp and to this listserv. I tried to search the
archives,
>but I get a message that the server isn't running, so I'm going ahead
and
>asking for help now.

The search engine on the OK State archive does seem to be down more
than it is up. But I think you'll find the search engine for the archive
at
http://www.documentation.com to be pretty reliable. I've also found it
to be quite fast in my experience, although YMMV.

In defense of the OK State archive, I will say that it is very nicely
set
up for browsing in either chronological or threaded modes. This is
particularly useful if you receive TECHWR-L in digest mode (as I do)
and your mail server mangles or truncates the digest (as the server
at my company has done a half-dozen or so times). And since the
archive is updated as soon as messages are posted to the list, it's
also very useful for digest readers who want to check in on current
list activity rather than waiting until the middle of the night (in the
US,
that is) to receive the next digest.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com