days of year

Subject: days of year
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:56:05 -0500

First, I want to thank all of the people that contributed answers to my question about what do you call it when you are refering to days of the year by consequtive number throughout the year.

The general concensus was that there is a difference between the Julian calendar and julian dates.

The Julian calendar has been counting since sometime during the 1500's. The term julian date can be used where January 01 starts at the number 001 and December 31st is number 365, with January 01 of the next year starting at 001 again.

There were tangents (ISO, etc.) but the above seemed to be the most common opinion. Thanks for all the input.

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 908-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for them.

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10
of us are. Ask me about it.