Re: TOOLS: Problems with Word/WordPerfect?

Subject: Re: TOOLS: Problems with Word/WordPerfect?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:13:16 -0600

In our previous episode, SARAH SCHLOSSER said:

> Geoff,
> Will you be duplexing or binding your documents? Will you be using page
> numbers in the corners?
> MSWord does not allow for this, so if you use a wider binding margin or
> numbers in the corner, they will both be on the wrong side of the page
> for every other page. I believe WordPerfect supports duplexing.

Uh, neither of these statements is true. Word for Windows 97 supports
a binding margin for portrait documents (I used ClickBook when I
needed one for a landscape document), and supports right, left,
center, inside, or outside page numbers. Word also supports different
first page and odd and even page headers and footers.

I haven't used WordPerfect since version 5.1 (which I loved), so I
can't compare the virtues and faults of the products.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"A civil war is such an awful bother.
We fought at Tewksbury and still ran out of mustard.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford