TOOLS: Problems with Word/WordPerfect? I need details

Subject: TOOLS: Problems with Word/WordPerfect? I need details
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:23:46 -0600

My employer is investigating the possibility of trading in
AmiPro (hallelujah!) for a newer, more useful, more modern
word processor. The two candidates at present are MSWord
and WordPerfect. We're on a Win3.1/Win95 platform, and
Frame simply isn't an option: too expensive, and it's
overkill for the type of reports we do. PageMaker and Quark
won't fly for similar reasons. Our main emphasis is on
short (less than 100 pages) technical reports with
relatively simply formatting needs.

I'm already pretty much familiar with the pros of both
programs; as far as their relative strengths go, it's
pretty much a wash which one we choose (though I'm using
Word now to develop online help, and that's a plus). What I
really need to know is the dirt: what sort of daily (or
weekly) problems do you folks encounter with the
software... corrupted files, faulty graphics imports,
mysterious bugs, technical support horrors, etc. etc. In
short, send me your horror stories! I'll summarize to the
list in a week or so.

Please respond to me directly, since I'm having no luck
keeping up with the flow of techwr-l digests and might
otherwise miss your response.