Re: Section Numbering in Word -Reply

Subject: Re: Section Numbering in Word -Reply
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 14:41:17 -0500

Christine,

>Try making a Chapter Title paragraph style FIRST. This is how I've been
>doing it for several years on Word 6 (again, ymmv with Word 7) and it's
>perfect every time: [this was followed by a step-by-step recipe]

I tried your suggestion, and it does make the title and number size I want.
But... (and there's always a but), the following subsection numbers are
*still* incorrect!

I'm going to try to illustrate this with font sizes here in the message, not
knowing how they'll translate on anyone else's system, then I'll describe
the problem in words again.

1.2 Changing Parameters

This is Heading 2, where the "1." is in 24 pt. bold Helvetica and the
"2 Changing Parameters" is in 14 pt. bold Helvetica. The "1." is the
same point size as Heading 1 (24 pt.); it should be the same
size as Heading 2 (14 pt.).

Given this (I hope) clearer illustration, can you or anyone tell me what
I'm missing other than my recently lost mind?

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com