Interleaf

Subject: Interleaf
From: Rebecca Carr <rebecca -at- WHITE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:54:39 -0600

Jonathan:

Interleaf is powerful and does everything well. Our graphics people love
it. It handles really large documents (700-1000 pages) very well and I
prefer it over FrameMaker for these. Also, the equation package is very
useful and easier to master than FrameMaker IMO.

It is still somewhat of a pain to convert/import but that is much
improved recently with a better filter package.

I like indexing in Interleaf and it formats well for our style. Once you
get the template catalog designed the way you want it, do a few search
and replace, and you are finished. Of course, you will still do some
content editing after that.

Since I am a "mouser" I don't have a problem with "mouse intensive".

I started with Interleaf years ago and when I learned FrameMaker, it
seemed totally different with a different interface; but once I caught
on...no problem. Interleaf 6 is trying a new approach similar to WORD
and FrameMaker, but I don't like it so far...except for the filtering
capabilities. And our graphics people say that Interleaf 6 graphics
is NOT as good as Interleaf 5, which they still prefer to use. So, I
guess time will tell with Interleaf 6.

Interleaf is still more expensive than FrameMaker and that is usually a
big concern.

Good luck,

Becky