Re: Bullets

Subject: Re: Bullets
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:45:17 -0700

I agree with Hope on the bullet indention issue. (Indention?)

When bullets are flush to the left margin it looks wrong to me. Bullets
are usually subordinate to the preceding paragraph. By placing them at
the left margin, you are giving them importance equal to the paragraph
that introduced them. When the bullets follow a paragraph or more of
text, it looks neater for them to be indented and provides a visual cue
as to their dependency (now *there* was a bunch of gobbledygook!)

o Subordinate bullet one,
o Subordinate bullet two, and
o Subordinate bullet three.

Flush bullets work in cases where the bullets are the only paragraph
content; a title followed by bullets. For example:

Title Here
o Bullet one here,
o Bullet two here, and
o Bullet three here.

(I'm not suggesting that it is okay to combine the two styles. Depends
on the application--combining them may work.)

Bev Parks (another tree hugger)
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil