Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"

Subject: Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:07:18 -0700

This is getting slightly off topic, but I just want to say that what is
being said about the Dummies books also applies to the Idiot's Guide
series of books published by Que. They are written in the same vein for
the same audiences as the Dummies books. I own several of both (though
more Dummies) and it was an Idiot's Guide that first taught me HTML.

I know Deborah and Eric write Dummies books, so may be biased toward
them. The Idiot's Guides fill the same niche.

I don't know why I felt compelled to say all this, but I did. :)

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil