Re: Controlling translation costs

Subject: Re: Controlling translation costs
From: "E,T, Hull" <ethull -at- WORLDACCESS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 21:53:56 +0100

> Tom Lange wondered about how to control translation costs.
> Here's the best tip of all: edit the documents rigorously
> beforehand. A clear, easy to read and understand document
> is also easy to translate, and that means lower costs.
>
> --Geoff Hart @8^) geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

I agree with Geoff and I would like to add a rather obvious caution. No
matter how good the original document is, it's the final version which
counts. Use only native speaking writers who can also translate. If the
final translated version in not well written then you've thrown your money
away no matter how well you tried to control costs.

Ed

E.T. Hull
Professional English
Vught, The Netherlands