Re: Techwriter Aptitude Test (A Daydream)

Subject: Re: Techwriter Aptitude Test (A Daydream)
From: "Julie F. Sullivan" <jhesselgesser -at- OXMOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 12:41:12 -0500

> You sit them down in a room and hand each of them a
>shrinkwrapped box with a little digital alarm clock or some such
>appliance.

I actually had to take a test to become a technical writer. However, in my version each candidate was told to write a procedure for making coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. I am told I aced this test. (I even drew a diagram of a coffee maker with callouts.) However, I was not selected for the job that go round! Hiring decisions are sometimes based on other factors, like seniority.

Julie