Re: BC/AD vs BCE/CE

Subject: Re: BC/AD vs BCE/CE
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:27:00 -0500

At 04:06 PM 11/3/97 -0600, Miark wrote:
>Spoken like a true Science fundamentalist.

I've never heard the term, but I take it to mean that science is itself
dogmatic and faith-based. Of course. So is everything, ultimately.

Matters of faith, of course, are not susceptible of (rational) discussion
or debate.

On the other hand, that all matters of faith are "logically" equally
legitimate and unarguable, not all matters of faith are consequently or
necessarily equally plausible.

Ya pays yer money (or yer deep-seated non-rational conviction) and yer
takes yer cherce.

Peace.

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
mailto:ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
for contract help, grievances, health benefits, lobbying, community....

For further information, e-mail me or contact the union directly:
web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
mailto:nwu -at- nwu -dot- org