Re: BC/AD vs BCE/CE

Subject: Re: BC/AD vs BCE/CE
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 15:52:03 -0500

At 11:13 PM 11/2/97 +0100, E,T, Hull wrote:
>> another I dislike because it gives the illusion of resolving a problem
>that
>> remains unresolved; and at another, less savory, level my scholarly
>> background makes me feel more secure with the traditional BC/AD
>

>We live in the year 15,576,984,687 ABB (after the big bang)
>That should solve it.
>
>Although mayby some people may have problems remembering it.

Apparently so: it's actually 15,576,984,685 (revised last month after
analysis of data recovered from the Hubbell telescope).

Of course, this dating method may offend Christian or other fundamentalists
who have a non-big bang approach to creation...

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
mailto:ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
for contract help, grievances, health benefits, lobbying, community....

For further information, e-mail me or contact the union directly:
web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
mailto:nwu -at- nwu -dot- org