Re: Anyone work 4-10 hour days?

Subject: Re: Anyone work 4-10 hour days?
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:33:44 -0500

The Tech Writer wrote:

> I'd like to approach management with the idea of allowing us to work four
> 10-hour days, if we choose to. I know that usually at the end of my day, at

I've never had a job where they had a problem with 4 10hour days...as
long as I came in the Friday to finish the week (grin)

Seriously...During my searching for jobs, I'd alwasys make it clear that
the reason I wanted to be a contractor instead of an employee was so
that I'd get paid for the overtime that i knew would be required to meet
deadlines...not because I miss mine, but becuase those submitting stuff
to em would always miss theirs.

At my job at Bellcore, my boss would work from 6am to 4pm four days and
take Friday off. She liked it because it gave her a 3 day weekend, and
we liked it because it gave her a week one day less than us.

--
John Posada
Technical Documents