Re: Question: To allow printing or to not allow printing of Acrobat files?

Subject: Re: Question: To allow printing or to not allow printing of Acrobat files?
From: Peggy Schillinger <Peggy -dot- Schillinger -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 14:44:31 -0600

James Bauman wrote:

> Our department will be putting documents online (our users for years
> have
> consulted paper documentation), and we are concerned that most users
> will
> print most or all of the online documents. That would defeat one big
>
> benefit of having the documents online, of course.

Hi, Jim:

What benefit would you (your company) get by preventing me (your
customer)
from printing a copy of the documentation?

If I wanted to print something and discovered that I couldn't, I'd get
mad and say
bad things about your product. You don't want that to happen, do you?

Regards....Peggy Schillinger