Frame to Word Question

Subject: Frame to Word Question
From: R2 Innovations <R2innovations -at- MYNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:15:42 +0000

The company I work for is contemplating switching from Word 6.0 to
Frame 5.5 for their documentation. Much of the input is received from
our Engineering group in Word format, which I know can be converted
into Frame relatively easily. The problem we have, is that currently
we are often required to supply a soft copy of the document to the
Engineers. They will make changes to these files and resubmit them,
with appropriate change requests, to our department for updating of
the master document which is then used to create the documentation
forwarded to our customer (airplane manufacturers).

If our master document is in Frame, will we be able to create a Word
6.0 file for the Engineers to massage and resubmit for updating? What
potential problems exist with scenario? The department is no Frame
conversant in any way and will be getting some heavy duty training in
the package.

Any comments, suggestions, etc are gratefully appreciated from those
of you who0 have been there and done that!!!

Ralph E. Robinson
Author of the book "Documenting ISO 9000: Guidelines for
Compliant Documentation" available through R2 Innovations
in Mississuaga, Ontario.

Email address = r2innovations -at- myna -dot- com
Website = http://www.myna.com/~r2innovn/main.htm