Re: *writing* style guides for the web -Reply

Subject: Re: *writing* style guides for the web -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:42:30 -0700

> Anybody know of any style guides, paper or on-line, that
address, with
> some authority, *writing* for the Web? I'm looking for something
that,

The Yale C/AIM Style Guide is often cited --
http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/manual/index.html
(The handsome splash screen contains a sequence of turtles and fish
-- I haven't quite fathomed how it works -- but I guess for a splash
screen it's appropriate)

Fellow TECHWR-Ler Nancy L. Hoft has one of the better lists of stuff
at her good site:
http://www.world-ready.com/index.htm
Go to Reading on the Web and hit Web Publishing Sites

If that isn't hip enough for you, go to HotBot
http://www.search.hotbot.com/index.html
and click Web Monkey, then Web 101.

I would also recommend search engine searches on subjects you have in
mind such as Web Site Design, Graphical User Interface Design,
Usability, Style Guides, and so forth.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- email -dot- exide -dot- com
San Diego, California