RoboHELP

Subject: RoboHELP
From: Kristen Lorenz <klor -at- INTFACE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:24:58 -0400

Hi everyone,

Our programmer wants us to change our numbers in the .hh file. She has a
set of her own numbers she wants to use (they used to pertain to the
Microsoft Help file that was used in the last release, we were able to
bring those files over into RoboHELP - since my co-worker and I have no
clue/manual to use Microsoft Help).

She claims that she can't change the numbers in her database because the
existing code for our product may use the same numbers as RoboHELP.

A few (frantic) questions:

* Why would RoboHELP's numbers for the help file affect our
company's code for our product?

* Could anyone suggest an arguement as to why we shouldn't change
the numbers in our .hh file to match hers?

* What would happen if we changed the numbers in the .hh file? Can
we?

(Also....we can't seem to find our .hh file! We had one two days ago and
now it's gone. The button to set it up is on? What's the deal?)

Please pass along any advice/solutions if possible - it's greatly
appreciated! Thanks.

Kristen (RH version 4)
klor -at- intface -dot- com