Product Documentation on the Web; PC-Mac Exchange

Subject: Product Documentation on the Web; PC-Mac Exchange
From: Chaim Chatan <chatan -at- IDI -dot- ORG -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 12:15:40 +0200

I have two questions. First of all, since I am new in technical writing,
does anybody know of where I can find actual product documentation on the
Web? It doesn't matter whether it is hardware or software. I am interested
in obtaining actual product documentation so that I can learn from these
examples. If you work for a company that has documentation on the Web,
please reply to me off the list.

Second of all, is there any PC-Mac exchange software? The problem is, my
Mac at home is an SE-30 (68030 processor, 4 MB of RAM, 80 MB of hard drive)
that cannot run System 7.5 effectively. I am switching over to System 7.1,
but System 7.1 does not come with PC Exchange. Or conversely, is there any
software that would allow a PC to read Mac-formatted disks? I have a Mac at
home, and a PC at work, and I cannot exchange files. Once I have System 7.1
on my Mac, I will be able to run Word 5.1 more effectively; Word 5.1 kept
on crashing on System 7.5 on my Mac SE-30. If anybody knows of such
software, please reply to me off-line.