Re: Putting doc email address in user docs?

Subject: Re: Putting doc email address in user docs?
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:06:59 -0500

Wow....what a great idea! Earlier messages addressed the concept of
"managing user expectations" and I just sat here in a very dense "frump"
-- ! At my company, I have absolutely no clue how the users are using my
manuals...and in some cases who the users even ARE...!! Most of the
developers are in the same boat and it causes grumblings among all of
us. We develop custom software, for which the details and specs are
hammered out by the sales/mgmt people, then thrown down at us. I have
begged, pleaded, and ranted about wanting to see the customers in action
to know if what we're doing is the best we can do. I'm told (or made to
feel) that I should go back to my corner and never mind. The products
are selling and the customers are happy.

I have asked for feedback from customer support, also, but in the nearly
four years I've been here, all I get is "Yeah, good idea. We'll see what
we can do." But I can say that in this time, I've never gotten ONE WORD
of feedback, good or bad, from anyone in support or sales. I feel I
write and throw it into a black hole.

Having the "techdocs -at- company -dot- name" would be great. I hope others are
doing this and that we can start a trend.

Jane