SMEs - Subject Matter Experts

Subject: SMEs - Subject Matter Experts
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 18:40:29 +0530

Hello Damien,

When I joined this list a year back, even I could not figure out what it
meant. In an interview with a local company, they mentioned about SME,
Subject Matter Expert, and I felt so delighted.

I suppose further elaboration would not be required. These are
programmers, technical experts, etc who provide inputs to technical
writers.

I plan to have a list of such abbreviations, including things like BTW,
etc. on my page.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath (India's first site on technical
writing)
TWIN - Technical Writers of India Mailing List (see site for details)