India's First TW Site Update

Subject: India's First TW Site Update
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 14:38:48 +0530

Dear All,

I am happy to tell you that India's First Technical Writing Site is
refurbished. It has completed one year of "bare bones" existence. Now,
with the TWIN, the Technical Writers of India mailing list, catching on, I
am forced to keep it uptodate.

What you will find on my site:

TWC -- an invitation for Indian technical writers to join hands.
Resources - some links to writing resources.
Resume (my resume)
Mailing Lists - details of TECHWRL, TechComm and TWIN.
TWIN - details of Technical Writers of India mailing list.
Newbie - Melissa Hunter-Kilmer's advice to new technical writers.
Article - There is no Documentation Culture (a Dec 96 article about the technical writing scene in India)
Please do let me know, if you would like me to include anything on this site.

Coming up in future weekly updates:
Faulty Towers - common errors of Indian writers.
Seminar/Meeting Notes

A request Being in India, we are deprived of seminars, meetings, lectures
on technical writing. I would request Indian technical writers and others
abroad to write brief notes about such seminars, lectures. Will publish
them on my site for dissemination of information.

Best wishes from India!

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath