FW: Numbered lists in Word 97

Subject: FW: Numbered lists in Word 97
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:31:03 +0800

"McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM> said:
> When I've worked on a big doc in Word, every time I have to set up a
> numbered list, I get that humongous number 369 or something for the
> first line, or else every paragraph has a number; I immediately hit my
> trusty control-z (*undo)--just once. It (the number I just created)
> then seems to go back to where it's SUPPOsed to ...
> sometimes if I don't notice, I'll find the whole doc turning bold, or
> something whaco like that.... now we have to be on guard for most every
> tiny detail or the whole Word doc is spewy!!!

Nancy, this 'Word' sounds like a fantastic game -- it tests both your
skill and your reflexes, sort of like a Space Invaders for technical
writers.

What happens if you make it all the way to the end of the document?
Do you restart at page 1, but the bugs start coming at you in waves,
faster and faster?

Has anyone else played this game? Is there a way to win, or does the
game always kill you in the end?

Regards
---
Stuart ;^) Burnfield