Summary - Web Authoring Tools

Subject: Summary - Web Authoring Tools
From: "Nyman, Rikki" <Rikki -dot- Nyman -at- ALLIEDSIGNAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:29:00 -0700

About a month ago I asked the list members who were doing web authoring
about the authoring tool they used. The following represents their

eAuthor - 1
FrontPage (97 & 98 beta combined) - 7
NetObjects Fusion - 3
HTML Pad PRo - 1
HomeSite - 4
Flexed - 1
Transit - 2
WebWorks Publisher - 1
Notepad or HTML by hand - 1 each
Word to Web - 1
PageMill - 1
Web Factory - 1

Epilogue - I downloaded the beta of FrontPage98 and have been working
with that. It helps with quick layouts, but I still find myself using
plain vanilla HTML for clean-up. FrontPage makes assumptions about
structure that I don't like, so I end up doing a bit of tidying up with
each page.

Thanks for your help on this. As usual, it saved me a lot of time and
money.

Rikki