Trademarks

Subject: Trademarks
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark -at- MEMCO -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 13:00:31 +0300

According to the Intellectual Property attorney we consulted,
TM means the trademark was applied for.

** I'd doublecheck that if I were you. I think the
TM circle says simply "this is a trademark" without
saying it's registered; and whether or not it's
applied for, or ever will be applied for, isn't
implied.

Also, I'm not sure that much cruciality remains to
the word Copyright or the circle-C, now that the USA
has fallen into line with most of the rest of the
world regarding copyright by default. They are nice
to have, though, especially with an explicit date and
copyright-owner's name.