Re: Frame/Help

Subject: Re: Frame/Help
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 14:21:33 -0400

Sure, it can be done (creating large docs in Word) -- but how
*efficiently* and how *robustly* is the question. (Which then raises the
question "how efficient do you need to be and how robust do the docs
need to be?")

Since my basement flooded a few weeks ago, this metaphor comes to mind:
I could have bailed out my basement with a bucket, or with an automatic
pump. Not much water? The bucket would have worked fine and been more
cost effective and I wouldn't have minded scooping out a few gallons. A
foot of water? Automatic pump was the way to go. The bucket would have
been possible, but time-consuming and inefficient.

Just use the right tool for the right job. PageMaker, FrameMaker, Word,
Quark, etc., all have their uses and all have their quirks. (I must be
getting soft with age -- I don't do much product bashing any more ;-)

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Tech Pubs Manager