Re: help! quick word97 question

Subject: Re: help! quick word97 question
From: "McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:49:00 -0400

Martha,
I've used this in a roundabout way:
I type in
1. blah
2. blah
3. blah
Then I go back to 2. and undo the number toolbar button. It's important
that I create number 3 list before I eliminate 2. Why? it's Word
magic. (my euphemism for the one of multitudinous inexplicable Word
"features").
Hope this helps,
Nancy McDonald
----------
From: Martha J Davidson
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: help! quick word97 question
Date: Wednesday, October 01, 1997 7:10PM

Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM> asked:

>ok, in the old version of Word, if you had numbered lists, you could
>click the right mouse button, select "skip numbering" and voila -- the
>number for that paragraph was hidden.
>
>...how do you do this in Word97???!
>
>I want to be able to say:
>1) Press blah blah.
> blah blah blah appears.
>2) Select Blah Blah
> Blah Blah Blah appears.

I'm running into the same thing. Could anyone who knows please tell me
too? Using SHIFT+ENTER is not really a viable option in my help files.

Thanks,
martha

Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
editrix -at- slip -dot- net / mjk -at- netcom -dot- com / mjk -at- synon -dot- com
Senior Technical Writer

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Rabbi Hillel

browse the archives at