Report of Frame 5.5 bug on Tech-Writer's List

Subject: Report of Frame 5.5 bug on Tech-Writer's List
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 19:27:58 -0400

The Tech-Writer's list for September 27 mentioned a bug in Frame 5.5
involving sideheads. According to the original message, any document
using sideheads tends to crash FrameMaker 5.5, for Windows, and Adobe
has acknowledged it has a bug.

So far, I haven't seen this bug. However, I'm currently working on-sie
with Frame 5.1.2, and my use of Frame 5.5 hasn't been very extensive so
far.

So, I have to ask: has anyone else seen this bug?

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 688-6211 L. 290

"Chicken on a raft on a Monday morning,
Oh, what a terrible sight to see,
Dab-tails forward and the dustmen aft,
Sittting and picking on a chicken on a raft."
- Cyril Trelawney