Re: Copying text from a help window

Subject: Re: Copying text from a help window
From: BILL KONRAD <konradb -at- UL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:11:53 CDT

Rod, you might be able to put your text in an INI file and then use a dll
to retrieve the entry. There are a couple of dlls which can get info from
an INI into a WinHelp macro. I don't know of any that copies text to the
clipboard, but that should be possible using Windows API functions. Sorry,
but I don't recall the names of the INI dlls off-hand.

Assuming that you can find or write a dll that can read from an INI and
place the text on the clipboard, you could then have a button in help
which runs the custom macro. You could pass a parameter to the macro to
indicate which INI entry to copy. Then just put the button/macro with
appropriate parameters in whatever topics you want.

Good Luck,
Bill Konrad
konradb -at- ul -dot- com