Re: Fun pairs

Subject: Re: Fun pairs
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:23:56 -0400

It's interesting to note that many of the fun pairs people have posted
(and several other recurring topics, as well) have been discussed
on one of my favorite web sites, Jesse's Word of the Day, which is
written by Jesse Sheidlower, an editor of the Random House Dictionary
For flammable vs. inflammable, see:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?970604.html
For affect vs. effect, see:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?960919.html
For lie vs. lay, see:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?970915.html
For insure vs. ensure vs. assure, see:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?960916.html

And for Jesse's comments on several perennially recurring topics,
check out the following:
Punctuation within quotations:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?970602.html
"A" or "an":
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?970804.html
Serial commas:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?970708.html
Who and whom:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?970711.html

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com