Re: Fun pairs

Subject: Re: Fun pairs
From: Hillary Russak <hrussak -at- SLAC -dot- STANFORD -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:03:17 -0700

>loss of the "d" in "ice(d) tea," "bake(d) potato," etc.

I grew-up with "chopliver"... which I loved, until I found out it was
actually chopped-liver... YUCK! I *hate* liver!!

My mother makes burgers with chop-meat... what that heck? Is that meat
from the jaw of the beast? I always say, "chopped-meat". <and look where
I put my damn period; *outside* the quotation mark>

My personal pet peeve is mostly a pronuciation issue. People rarely
misspell "nuclear", but you'd think they would, since it comes-out as
"nucular" (even when spoken by the US President!).
<sigh>
-hil

Hillary M. Russak, Technical Writer
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ES&H Division, Waste Management Department
hrussak -at- slac -dot- stanford -dot- edu
Office: (650) 926-3193
Pager: (650) 940-0741