Re: Font and Case for best readability on a Form?

Subject: Re: Font and Case for best readability on a Form?
From: Stan Dicks <w4ag -at- M1 -dot- SPRYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 20:39:03 -0400

Hillary,

I can't cite it off the top of my head, but there is sufficient research
that demonstrates that all caps are difficult to read, especially in
paragraph format. All caps, bold, sans serif faces are the most
difficult to read, and yet they are frequently used on forms, as
headers, and even in extended warning messages and the like. If you need
it, I can probably find the research citations. My advice: use lower
case, even on a form.

Dr. Stan Dicks
Technical Communication
North Carolina State University