Word97 conversion problem

Subject: Word97 conversion problem
From: "Yoder,Lorelei" <yoderl -at- OCLC -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:44:47 -0400

I am using Word97 in an Office 97 environment. I am experiencing
problems with Word documents created using Word 3.1 and opened in
Word97. All occurrences of Times New Roman display bold. I have
attempted to turn bold off via the Format/Style/Modify/Format/Font
scheme; however, the bold will not turn off. Creating a new format does
not work either. Any suggestions on how to turn the bold off? (This
problem does not occur with Helvetica.)

Lorelei Yoder
Technical Writer/Editor
yoderl -at- oclc -dot- org
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our
humanity."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)