Forwarded: Request for help

Subject: Forwarded: Request for help
From: Thomas Warren <twarren -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:04:01 -0600

I received the following message from Jack Jobst who asked that I post
it for him. Please direct replies to him and not to the list or me. I
have asked him to prepare a summary of replies for posting.

________________________

Subject: Syllabi History
To: techwr-l -at- okstate -dot- edu
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:01:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Jack W. Jobst" <jjobst -at- mtu -dot- edu>

I am searching for books and articles that deal with the history of
the syllabus in education. In the US we take this document for granted
but it is not that common, I recently learned, in Europe and elsewhere
in the world.

I have found a very limited research base on the generic Syllabus
(rather than syllabi for specific courses), and if you know of
something I should look at, please write to me (not the list). I am
particularly interested in its history.

| Jack Jobst |
| Jack Jobst |
| HU Dept email: jjobst -at- mtu -dot- edu |
| Michigan Tec Univ Phone: 906/487-2066 |
| 1400 Townsend Drive Fax: 906/487-3559 |
| Houghton, MI 49931 |

* * * End of File * * *