Re: Charging Clients for Documentation

Subject: Re: Charging Clients for Documentation
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:35:14 -0400

When I worked in the steel industry, we charged extra for docs.
Actually, we didn't say we charged extra. We usually had one of two
arrangements with our customers (steel companies for whom we were
revamping and automating their mill equipment). We either billed them
back, by the hour. Or, we quoted a fixed price and had it as an
"optional" item on the contract. Of course, customers always purchased
it. But for a variety of reasons, for us and for them, it made sense to
structure the contract this way. (The docs were custom jobs for one
customer and one customer only.)

A.

--
Alexia Prendergast