labelled lists & punctuation

Subject: labelled lists & punctuation
From: kendra cooper <kendrac -at- EE -dot- UBC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:38:56 PDT

Hello,

What is the correct punctuation when using labelled lists?
(I can't find this in my tech. writing book).

In a requirements specification technique, the labelled lists
are being written like this:

a) blah blah;
b) blip blip;
c) bloop.

Sometimes, we need to write them in the middle of a sentence
like this:

if something or other

a) blah blah;
b) blip blip;