heading numbering

Subject: heading numbering
From: Kristen Lorenz <klor -at- INTFACE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:31:07 -0400

Hi,

I'm having a problem with heading numbering in Word 7.0. I just want to
have the chapters be titled with:

1. Overview

2. Configuring....and so on,

....so I can have the chapter number be included in the page number
(i.e. 1-1). But even if I highlight just the words (i.e. Overview) and
go to Format, then Heading numbering and modify it to what I want - ALL
of my headers at all levels get numbered. Does anyone know how to fix
this. I've done this before and I've never had a problem.

Many thanks!!

Kristen