Re: virus

Subject: Re: virus
From: Richard Rogers <rogers_r -at- WIZTEC-USA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:56:33 -0400

It sounds like the Word Macro Concept virus. I recently had a nasty
attack by the CAP virus and successfully used McAfee with their latest
update from July, 97 (the April release did not find the CAP virus).
According to their release notes, it also cleans the Concept viruses:

CONCEPT.AT
CONCEPT.AU
CONCEPT.AV

I'm not sure which one you have, but it should work. A word of warning:
It seems that I experienced some nasty Windows 95 problems if I let
McAfee load at startup (video conflicts, OE errors, etc.). After I
deleted it from my startup, I no longer have these problems. I
occasionally run the McAfee Virus Scan after I bring over files from
other people in my company.

I have also had good results with the SCANPROT.DOT template from
Microsoft. It can still be found at their web site and it has been
updated for Word 7

Richard Rogers
rogers_r -at- wiztec-usa -dot- com